Are you supposed to wash hair extensions?Hair Extension Usage and Care
Luxies can be washed just like your own hair, however, we encourage you to be gentle with your set as it has undergone color treatment. Since your extensions don’t absorb the oils your natural hair would, you don’t have to wash them as often. As a general rule, the less you wash your extensions the longer they will last you.
You can use your best judgment on how often to wash them. If your extensions feel like they’re becoming increasingly difficult to style, this is likely a sign that there is product build-up and they need to be washed. We recommend washing them after every 30 wears or once a month.
You may also be interested in:
Questions answered by specific topic.
- How do I choose the right color of Highlights extensions?
- How do I choose between clip-in and Halo extensions?
- How do I choose the right color of black extensions?
- What is the difference between Classic and Seamless hair extensions?
- What lengths do you offer, and what do they look like on?
- Are your Balayage colors available in sample swatches?
- Do you have any sample swatches?
- Do I need to have highlights in my hair to wear the Highlights collection?
- I have short hair. Can I wear the Highlights collection?
- How do I use the Halo Volume Bundle with short hair?