Are you supposed to wash hair extensions?Hair Extension Usage and Care
Luxies can be washed just like your own hair, however, we encourage you to be gentle with your set as it has undergone color treatment. Since your extensions don’t absorb the oils your natural hair would, you don’t have to wash them as often. As a general rule, the less you wash your extensions the longer they will last you.
You can use your best judgment on how often to wash them. If your extensions feel like they’re becoming increasingly difficult to style, this is likely a sign that there is product build-up and they need to be washed. We recommend washing them after every 30 wears or once a month.
Please note that unlike our Straight Clip-In Ponytail Extension, the care instructions for the Curly Clip-In Ponytail Extension are different in order to preserve the curl pattern. We don’t recommend dyeing/toning, using water-based products, washing or heat styling (such as straightening, blow-drying or curling).
You may also be interested in:
Questions answered by specific topic.
About Hair Extensions And Suitability
- Are your Balayage colors available in sample swatches?
- Do you have any sample swatches?
- Do I need to have highlights in my hair to wear the Highlights collection?
- I have short hair. Can I wear the Highlights collection?
- How do I use the Halo® Volume Bundle with short hair?
Luxy Hair Accessories
- Are there any care instructions for the Wide Tooth Cloud Comb?
- What are the dimensions of the Wide Tooth Cloud Comb?
- What material is the Wide Tooth Cloud Comb made of?
- Can the Wide Tooth Cloud Comb be used on all hair types and human hair extensions?
- What comes with the Wide Tooth Cloud Comb?