Can I swim or play sports with my hair extensions clipped in?Hair Extension Usage and Care
One of the most important things to keep in mind when wearing hair extensions is to not wear them while swimming or taking a shower. You can definitely wear them to the beach or by the pool, however, we do not recommend getting into the water with them (unless your hair is tied up and will not get wet).
Have you ever noticed how dry and tangled your natural hair feels after swimming in a chlorinated pool or salt water? Chlorine from swimming pools, salt from ocean water, and dirt in all bodies of water can be damaging to your hair extensions. Also, swimming with your extensions clipped in may lead to the extensions tangling with your natural hair, which can be damaging.
Avoid doing any physical activity that could lead to excessive sweat, when you are wearing hair extensions. Remember, your sweat is salty, acidic and can dry out your hair extensions so this could lead to additional matting and tangling, causing your hair extensions to deteriorate faster. To increase the lifespan of your extensions, try to minimize their exposure to sweat. Instead, be sure to un-clip them before heading to the gym!
You may also be interested in:
Questions answered by specific topic.
- Are your Balayage colors available in sample swatches?
- Do you have any sample swatches?
- Do I need to have highlights in my hair to wear the Highlights collection?
- I have short hair. Can I wear the Highlights collection?
- How do I use the Halo® Volume Bundle with short hair?
- Are there any care instructions for the Wide Tooth Cloud Comb?
- What are the dimensions of the Wide Tooth Cloud Comb?
- What material is the Wide Tooth Cloud Comb made of?
- Can the Wide Tooth Cloud Comb be used on all hair types and human hair extensions?
- What comes with the Wide Tooth Cloud Comb?