Can clip-in hair extensions cause balding or hair loss?About Hair Extensions And Suitability
No, clip-in hair extensions are not capable of causing bald spots or hair loss.
The typical process for hair growth is when the follicle produces normal strands of hair that grow out over a couple of years, then shed to produce new growth. When a hair follicle is affected, however, it shrinks and becomes smaller in size, and produces hair that is finer than normal. While new hair typically stays put for a couple of years before shedding, affected hair follicles shed much quicker and grows out much slower. As a result, the follicle is not able to continue the proper hair growth life cycle, resulting in balding.
If you are experiencing balding or excessive hair loss, we recommend to consult with your doctor.
Questions answered by specific topic.
- How do I choose the right color of Highlights extensions?
- How do I choose between clip-in and Halo® extensions?
- How do I choose the right color of black extensions?
- What is the difference between Classic and Seamless hair extensions?
- What lengths do you offer, and what do they look like on?
- Are your Balayage colors available in sample swatches?
- Do you have any sample swatches?
- Do I need to have highlights in my hair to wear the Highlights collection?
- I have short hair. Can I wear the Highlights collection?
- How do I use the Halo Volume Bundle with short hair?