How do I care for my extensions?Hair Extension Usage and Care
Creating a good routine with your Luxy Hair extensions from the start will help prolong their lifespan. Since they are made from 100% Remy human hair, they can be styled and washed just like your regular hair, however, the more you wash and heat style your extensions, the shorter their lifespan will be, so try to keep washing and product use to a minimum.
Please note that unlike our Straight Clip-In Ponytail Extension, the care instructions for the Curly Clip-In Ponytail Extension are different in order to preserve the curl pattern. We don’t recommend dyeing/toning, using water-based products, washing or heat styling (such as straightening, blow-drying or curling). In addition, we recommend only using a wide-tooth comb or your hands to brush through the ponytail.
Keep in mind that unlike your own hair, which receives natural hydration from the oils on your scalp, hair extensions don’t have a natural hydration source. Therefore, keeping them hydrated is key to keeping them shiny and in good condition. To ensure your set lives a long and happy life, check out the below articles or this blog post:
Questions answered by specific topic.
About Hair Extensions And Suitability
- Are your Balayage colors available in sample swatches?
- Do you have any sample swatches?
- Do I need to have highlights in my hair to wear the Highlights collection?
- I have short hair. Can I wear the Highlights collection?
- How do I use the Halo® Volume Bundle with short hair?
Luxy Hair Accessories
- Are there any care instructions for the Wide Tooth Cloud Comb?
- What are the dimensions of the Wide Tooth Cloud Comb?
- What material is the Wide Tooth Cloud Comb made of?
- Can the Wide Tooth Cloud Comb be used on all hair types and human hair extensions?
- What comes with the Wide Tooth Cloud Comb?