What is the best shampoo for hair extensions?Hair Extension Usage and Care
Keeping your extensions moisturized and nourished is crucial, considering they don’t have a natural hydration source like your own hair does. The proper hair products make all the difference in whether your extensions will tangle or be soft and manageable. Purchase products specifically formulated for dry and damaged hair, as they will help keep the strands healthy and nourished. Also, look for products that add moisture to the hair like argan oil, coconut oil, and castor oil.
Purchasing sulfate-free and alcohol-free products is a necessity as they are imperative to maintain the health of your extensions. These ingredients strip the hair of its natural oils and will affect their integrity. This, in turn, makes the hair drier and more prone to tangling or matting.
Always be sure to do one simple thing before you buy any product… flip it over! Many products out there have sulfates and alcohol hidden in their formulas. Not all companies claiming to make sulfate-free shampoos are truly free of sulfates. This is why it is super important to know what to look for when reading ingredients.
Be sure to check the ingredient listing and ensure you don’t see the words: SLS, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Alcohol denat, Ethanol, SD alcohol 40, Propanol, Isopropyl, and Propyl.
Questions answered by specific topic.
- Are your Balayage colors available in sample swatches?
- Do you have any sample swatches?
- Do I need to have highlights in my hair to wear the Highlights collection?
- I have short hair. Can I wear the Highlights collection?
- How do I use the Halo® Volume Bundle with short hair?
- Are there any care instructions for the Wide Tooth Cloud Comb?
- What are the dimensions of the Wide Tooth Cloud Comb?
- What material is the Wide Tooth Cloud Comb made of?
- Can the Wide Tooth Cloud Comb be used on all hair types and human hair extensions?
- What comes with the Wide Tooth Cloud Comb?