Why do we love holidays so much?
Other than the obvious (all the delicious food that will be eaten), it's always a fun occasion to dress up, do your hair and makeup, and be all glammed up! In today's blog post, we collaborated with our beautiful friend Missy Sue to show you a really simple yet beautiful holiday hairstyle: the french braid crown.
This hairstyle looks intricate, yet consists of simple 2 french braids put together with a hair accessory. Missy also added a few wefts of her clip-in Dirty Blonde Luxy Hair extensions for extra length and volume - this is, of course, optional - but hair extensions make this hairstyle so much more dramatic because of that extra 'oomph'. If you're not too familiar with them, check out this blog post.
Watch the video below or scroll down for step by step instructions on how to create this beautiful and glamorous holiday hairstyle:
How to: French Braid Crown
- Part your hair as you desire - it can be a deep part, or a middle part.
- Start to french braid your hair on one side until you reach your ear. To learn how to french braid, check out this youtube video.
- Once you reach the ear, continue doing a regular three strand braid all the way down with a small section of hair, like this:
- Criss cross two bobby pins at the end of the braid, so that it doesn't unravel while you work on the other side, like so:
- Repeat the exact same step on the other side - french braid until the ear, then regular three strand braid all the way down.
- All is left to do is criss cross the two braids at the back, like a crown, add in your favorite accessory and you're done!