Do hair extensions shed and tangle?About Hair Extensions And Suitability
Do clip-in hair extensions shed?
Just like your natural hair, extensions will shed. Shedding is a common occurrence with hair extensions and because they are made of human hair, you can expect some shedding throughout their lifespan. As you brush and style your Luxies, some fall-out may occur so don’t be surprised or worried when this happens. This, however, does not mean to reduce the amount you brush your extensions as you can minimize shedding in other ways. Keep in mind, extensions are more likely to shed when they are dry and brittle.
Do they tangle?
Matting and tangling is a normal occurrence with not just your natural hair but with all types of hair extensions. This can happen due to a lack of constant brushing, weather, or dryness. A common reason why extensions tangle and get matted throughout the day is because of a combination of sweat, heat, and friction. Also, keep in mind that when human hair is constantly moving around it’s going to matt or ‘clump’ together in pieces.
If you aren’t brushing your hair consistently, you’re giving the hair the opportunity to matt and tangle. During the day, we generate heat at the nape of our neck and scalp, and often times we sweat back there too. Your sweat is salty, acidic and can dry out your hair extensions. When you add additional hair volume to this combination and constantly move your head throughout the day, tangling and matting will occur. Weather can also contribute to tangling, whether it be due to the wind, humidity or heat. Humidity will add a lot of moisture to the environment which will cause your hair to frizz up and tangle. Heat will do just the opposite as it will dry it out.
How do you prevent tangling and reduce shedding?
Thankfully, there are some simple ways to reduce shedding and ensure that your hair extensions remain smooth and tangle-free. To learn more, please click here.
Questions answered by specific topic.
- How do I choose the right color of Highlights extensions?
- How do I choose between clip-in and Halo extensions?
- How do I choose the right color of black extensions?
- What is the difference between Classic and Seamless hair extensions?
- What lengths do you offer, and what do they look like on?
- Are your Balayage colors available in sample swatches?
- Do you have any sample swatches?
- Do I need to have highlights in my hair to wear the Highlights collection?
- I have short hair. Can I wear the Highlights collection?
- How do I use the Halo Volume Bundle with short hair?