So, it's now September (pumpkin spice season FTW) and we want to follow-up with you to see how your no-heat hair resolution is going for 2017.
Same. We'll let you off the hook for this year. But hey! It's never too late to give your hair a break. The next time you go to reach for your curler, try out these easy heatless waves instead, created by our beautiful friend Sarah Nourse. You can watch our tutorial below or keep scrolling down for a step-by-step guide.
In this tutorial, Sarah is wearing her 180g Blonde Balayage Seamless Luxy Hair extensions for more length and volume and to create the ultimate mermaid waves. This look, however, can be created with or without hair extensions - it's totally your call!
In order to create these beautiful and easy heatless waves, all you have to do is braid your hair in a Rope Braid. Not sure how to create one? We've got you covered - click here to watch our tutorial.
1. Part your hair down the middle.
2. Take a section of your hair towards the top of one side of your head, and divide that section into two smaller sections.
3. Twist the two sections of hair away from eachother so that they are twisting in opposite directions.
4. Take the section of hair furtherest from your face and cross it overtop of the other section.
5. Then, pick up a new section of hair and add it to the section of hair that just got overlapped.
4. Cross that same section of hair overtop towards your face, and repeat the process all the way down.
5. Repeat the same process on the other side of your hair.
6. Sprizt your hair lightly with water for a more bouncier curl, however, be sure to not apply too much water to your hair as otherwise you may end up waking up with wet hair!
7. In the morning, release your braid and run your hands through your beautiful, effortless-looking beachy waves!
#2: Creating Heatless Waves with Clip-In Hair Extensions
1. To create the same look with your clip-in hair extensions, all you have to do is create the same Rope Braid on your Luxies and let them sit overnight so they maintain their form.
2. In the morning, you can release the braid and clip in your hair extensions. Below is a tutorial we created showing how to clip in Luxies, if you're not sure how.
#3: Easy Three Strand Braid with Waves Hairstyles
So, you've mastered these easy heatless waves and now you want to create a simple yet beautiful hairstyle. Sarah creates this loose simple three strand braid for an lovely bohemian look.
1. Grab two sections of hair from either side of your face, and pull another section from one side of your head so that you have a total of 3 sections (1 one one side, 2 on the other).
2. Bring these sections to the back of your head and begin your three strand braid.
3. Take the outside section of hair, and cross it over the piece in the middle, so that this section becomes the new middle piece.
4. Grab the section of hair from the other far side, and cross it over to the middle, and continue to alternate sides all the way down.
And that's it! It really doesn't take much time or effort to create beautiful waves that require absolutely zero heat. If you give this look a try, be sure to tag @luxyhair in your photos on Instagram - we'd love to see how they turn out.