Thinning Hair Fill-Ins
Dealing with hair loss? Don’t let hair loss weigh you down. Whether it’s damage, hormonal changes, post partum hair loss, or genetics, thinning hair impacts many of us. Our Thinning Hair Fill-Ins are designed for a fast and easy application so you can add customizable fullness wherever you need it. Includes 6 Seamless wefts. Available in 12” and 16" length.
What are the Thinning Hair Fill-Ins?
Our new Thinning Hair Fill-Ins come in a set of six Seamless wefts and are offered in 20+ colors. Seamless Clip-Ins feature thin silicone wefts that lay flat against your head. They are great to add a subtle boost of volume around the front and sides of your hairline or to fill in sparse/thinning hair. Click here to learn about if this set will be good for you.
What is a weft? It's a collection of hair strands applied to a super thin strip of silicone. Each weft comes with the clips already attached to it. This means that you can simply take the wefts and easily clip them into your hair all by yourself, without any additional costs, time, or professional help. Clip-in hair extensions are the perfect solution for those who are looking to get thicker hair instantly, without the hassle and long-term commitment.
What length do the Thinning Hair Fill-Ins come in?
This collection comes in 12 inches and 16 inches. Click here to learn if this length will be right for you.
How do I apply the Thinning Hair Fill-Ins?
- Brush your hair thoroughly to get rid of tangles. Then, brush out your Seamless wefts gently using our Loop Hair Extensions Brush, or Wide Tooth Cloud Comb.
- Gently separate a section of hair on each side of your head at the level of your eyebrows and clip the hair out of your way using alligator clips (from our Application Kit).
- Secure a 2-clip weft at each temple about one-inch away from the front of your hairline. Tip: Apply the wefts in a diagonal line to make them less obvious around your face. This gives your hair a natural high to low effect that will fall naturally which will frame your face. Or, clip each weft half an inch away from your roots to help them from showing through.
- After, with your hair down, check where you may have visible thinning or require extra volume. Using the four 1-clip wefts, secure each weft (as needed) wherever you want to add extra volume.
- Lastly, ensure your real hair is covering all six wefts. Brush through your hair to blend and smooth everything out.
How long should my hair be to wear the Thinning Hair Fill-Ins?
The extensions will appear different on every person who wears them because we all have different body shapes. In order to determine how long the Thinning Hair Fill-Ins will be on you, we recommend measuring your hair starting from your temple area. The wefts should be the same length or longer than your natural hair. Each set will also come with a tester weft that can be used to see how long this length will be on you. Keep in mind that if it’s longer than your hair, you will need to trim the entire extension set shorter to match your hair length for a natural blend.
Which hair types can wear the Thinning Hair Fill-Ins?
The Thinning Hair Fill-Ins are meant for those looking to fill in the sparse/thinning areas around the front and sides of your hairline. They are best suited for those with thin/medium hair types.
Since they come in 12 inches and 16 inches, your natural hair will need to be the same length or shorter to wear the Thinning Hair Fill-Ins. If this length is longer than your hair, you will need to trim the entire 6 piece set shorter to match your hair length and achieve a natural blend. If you have curtain bangs or layers that frame your face, you can have a hairstylist trim the wefts to match your haircut. We recommend having them already clipped into your hair during the haircut. We also recommend coming up with a numbering system for the wefts, so that you know exactly where each weft is supposed to go for future uses.
If you don’t have any hair loss that you are looking to fill in, or if you have a lot of hair strands or even thick hair you can also use them to add a small boost of volume around your face. This can also be a great option if you find that you don’t see yourself wearing a full 9-11 piece Clip-In set and want to add only a subtle amount of volume to thicken the hair around your face.
Do the Thinning Hair Fill-Ins come with a tester weft?
Yes, the Thinning Hair Fill-Ins have a tester weft stored in the top compartment of the box. This is either a 1-clip or 2-clip weft that is a part of the full set and can be used to determine if the shade is a good match. If the shade is not an ideal match, we are more than happy to accommodate a return or exchange as long as the main compartment of your Luxy box has not been opened and the golden security seal has not been tampered with.