To all of our curly-haired girls out there - this one's for you!
We get numerous requests on a daily basis to do more curly-haired videos - and today, we come bearing good news. For this week's video, we've teamed up with the beautiful India Batson to show us her go-to hair routine for curly hair. And if you want a super easy way to create texture make sure to check out our curly ponytail extensions which can instantly give you the curls you've desired.
Need some tips on how to care for your curly locks? Or just looking for some inspiration on how to change up your own routine? Watch the tutorial below to see how India goes from wet, stretched-out curls to dry, defined, voluminous frizz-free hair!
Or, you can keep scrolling down for a run-down on how India achieves her signature look. FYI - India has 2B/2C waves and 3A curls.
Step 1: Shower & Shampoo
- One of the first steps to India's hair routine is to wash her hair using warm, but not scorching hot, water.
- India recommends to use sulphate, silicone, and paragon-free products. The more natural, the better for textured hair.
- Try using a scalp massaging hair brush when lathering on your shampoo - this helps stimulate hair growth and overall feels amazing on the head!
Step 2: Conditioner = Your Best Friend
- Don't be shy with conditioner, especially if you find your hair to be dry. You can really never use enough conditioner. Did we mention that we like conditioner?
- Focus your conditioner on the mid-shaft area and down - this helps hydrate and add moisture back into your hair.
- You can always place a little bit of product on the roots of your hair and face-framing pieces.
- Rinse out conditioner with cold water to lock in the shine.
Step 3: Stylers & Rinse
- India likes to use a styler in the shower while her hair is still wet. The best way to apply the product is to rake it through your hair and scrunch it in for extra volume.
- Creams work well with India, however, she tries to steer away from gels as they can make her hair feel crunchy.
- It is best to use a micro-fibre towel to dap your hair dry, as this type of material will help minimize frizz.
Step 4: Air Dry or Diffuser
- If you're in a rush and need to get out the door, we recommend to use a diffuser to dry your hair.
- If you have the time, however, it is best to let your hair air-dry.
- For extra volume at your roots, you can flip your hair within 10 minute intervals while you wait for it to dry.
Step 5: Finish Off Your Look
- For the perfect touch, try using a shine serum or spray through your hair, preferably a product that is sulphate, paragon, and silicone free.
- This will help eliminate fly-aways and help finalize and define your curls.
What do you think about India's curly hair routine? For our curly haired curls out there - what is one step you can't miss in your hair routine?
Looking for more hair advice and styling tips? Subscribe to our newsletter to step up your hair game.